Ruby on Rails Developers (Anywhere)
Exvo is a young informal startup running several projects.
We have three promising products and ideas:
The first is the Exvo.com Cloud Operating System. The idea behind it is that local based operating systems are becoming slowly obsolete.
We don’t aim to provide solutions for common problems, Google for one does that just fine. We want to provide a platform that removes the limitations of local resources and gives you the full experience where ever you are. This is still in a conceptual phase, but we’re getting to a point that this becomes a reality and gives us many interesting new opportunities. Also, we have over 250k users.
The second is Teamz. As a starting entrepreneur one of the hardest parts is finding the right people for the right job. The entrepreneur should be focused on running his business, not endless solicitations and turn offs. Our concept is that you define your tasks, put them into a pool, and via an innovative matchmaking system together with a rating algorithm a match is made.
Urgent - 9 Openings Left - Earn 50 Per hour - its so easy! Learn More NowCLICK HERE
The tasks get executed by the matchee from the pool and on acceptance, the deal will be closed. We will be providing a full solution here. The ‘worker’ side is already live for them to enjoy, however, the company side is still under heavy development.
The final application is Tolq, a (website) translation platform. It’s based on the same principle as the first that some things just should be easy, like translating your site.
After you change your DNS settings and request a machinal, crowd or 1-on-1 translation and the languages you want, the application crawls your website, distributes the documents over the pool of the second application and reassembles it when it’s done. This application is currently working on production.
You can find an introductory video to Tolq here: http://vimeo.com/35308659
To support these very ambitious plans, we need several additional experienced (Rails) developers.
You can work from anywhere, just as long as you love what you do and enjoy making beautiful code. However, locals in Netherlands are strongly preferred.
You will join a team made up of people around the world, who will challenge you to be the best you can be and most of all, have a lot of fun in the process. We currently have three teams of varying sizes.
We’re looking for junior, medior and senior developers!
We’d like you to have:
* A willingness to learn
* Good communication skills
* A passion for Ruby, a love for Rails
* Experience with behaviour and test driven development
* Experience with agile software development
* And generally good development skills.
And we’d love it if you:
* Have read and understood the pragmatic programmer
* Have experience with Amazon AWS and/or Heroku
* Know a thing or two about UX
* Know a thing or two about distributed architectures
* Know a thing or two about algorithms
* Are an agile evangelist
* Have contributed to open source projects
* A presence in the Ruby community
- Location: Anywhere
- Compensation: Negotiable
- Telecommuting is ok.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.